DBA, Edge members tapped for dairy task force
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Posted by: The Dairy Business Association
The new Wisconsin Dairy Task Force 2.0 will include nine members of the Dairy Business Association or its sister organization, Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative.
Gov. Scott Walker announced the members today at the Wisconsin Farm Technology Days in Marshfield. In all, 31 members will be part of the strategy group, which will focus on how to keep Wisconsin’s dairy community strong.
Sheila Harsdorf, who heads up the state Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, said it is important that the industry work together as a whole to maintain Wisconsin’s status as a leading dairy state. “The diverse and wide-ranging task force membership will allow for an important conversation,” she said.
Task force members who are part of DBA and Edge:
- Moriah Brey, Brey Cycle Farm LLC, Sturgeon Bay (DBA and Edge)
- Ryan Klussendorf, Broadland Grass Farm, Medford (Edge)
- Amy Penterman, Dutch Dairy, Thorp (DBA board member and Edge)
- Brody Stapel, Double Dutch Dairy, Cedar Grove (Edge board president and DBA)
Milk processors and marketers:
- Dave Buholzer, Klondike Cheese Company, Monroe (DBA)
- John Accola, Premier Cooperative, Prairie du Sac (DBA)
- Bradley Guse, BMO Harris Bank, Arpin (DBA)
- Rene Johnson, Union Bank and Trust Co., Evansville (DBA)
- John Schmidt, Landmark Services Cooperative, Appleton (DBA)
Click here for a press release from the governor’s office, including the full list of members.