DBA is excited to host our second annual Dairy Day at the Capitol on Tuesday, Jan. 21, at the Wisconsin State Capitol. This year's event is being held in conjunction with the annual Dairy Strong Conference (Jan 22-23) so register early and make plans to help DBA amplify dairy’s voice in the state Capitol.
We encourage DBA corporate and farmer members to participate in this event. This is our opportunity to share real-life experiences from the farm that will inform elected officials regarding pros and cons of legislation before them.
- Time: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Where: Wisconsin State Capitol, Room 412 East
- Cost: Early-bird registration $20, includes lunch (After Jan. 1 - $30)
- Sponsorship opportunity: View sponsorship levels Contact Nicole Barlass
ABOUT DAIRY DAY:
Join DBA members and staff on January 21st in Madison as we hear from legislative leaders and administration officials as they provide updates on important agriculture and dairy matters pending before the Assembly and Senate. Help educate lawmakers and their staff on important issues like dairy/milk labeling, crop insurance, nutrient-trading, livestock facility siting, and more, as we conduct office visits and talk personally with individual legislators and their staff.
With the legislature set to adjourn in early Spring and lawmakers heading home to campaign, making your voice heard now is critical. You can help shape the legislative agenda and impact what gets done, or doesn’t, in Madison. Mark your calendar and make your voice heard on Tuesday, January 21st with DBA at Dairy Day at the Capitol.
10:00 a.m. – Arrive. registration in Room 412 East of the state Capitol
10:15 a.m. – Welcome from DBA Executive Director, Tim Trotter & DBA President, Tom Crave
10:30 a.m. – Legislative leadership
- Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (Invited)
- Senate Minority Leader Jennifer Shilling (confirmed)
11:00 a.m. – Agri-overview - Water quality initiatives update
- Rep. Todd Novak (confirmed)
- Rep. Katrina Shankland (confirmed)
11:30 a.m. – Lunch / open discussion
- State issue briefing (John Holevoet & Chad Zuleger)
- Rotunda wrap up (Shawn Pfaff & Gwyn Guenther) (invited)
12:30 p.m. – Election 2020 preview with The Insiders
- Former Senate Majority Leader, Chuck Chvala (invited)
- Former Assembly Speaker, Scott Jensen (invited)
1:00 p.m. – Legislative office visits (Teams are predetermined and, meetings are set up)
4:30 p.m. – Reception & PAC fundraiser at Rigby’s Pub and Grill (119 E. Main St – exit State Capitol from the East Wing)
Thank you to our event sponsors!